As a Volunteer
As an individual, you can make a difference in our community and the quest to reduce and end homelessness in Lethbridge. Here are some suggestions for "everyday people" to help end homelessness in our community.
1. Learn about the people who are homeless or currently experiencing loss of their current home.
2. Volunteer and contribute to the work of a shelter, Soup Kitchen or transition homes to assist people who are currently homeless or at risk of losing their housing.
3. Volunteer with a service organization to assist people who are currently homeless, such as SHIA's Homeless Census or Project Connect.
4. Organize a fund/awareness raising campaign in Lethbridge such as Raising the Roof Toque Campaign or 5days.
5. Inform yourself on how individuals from other communities are getting involved and making a difference.
6. Learn about the Housing First Approach and what is being done across the country to end Homelessness.
7. Invite speakers on homelessness and the various housing options that will support all people to have a home, to meetings of your local school council, religious group, labour union or business council.
8. Start or join an organization that is working on long-term solutions for all people to be able to access appropriate housing options.
9. Advocate for more affordable housing options in Lethbridge.
10. Donate to service agencies to help people maintain their housing.
11. Get community support for affordable housing initiatives in Lethbridge.
As a Business
As a business or corporation, you can make a difference in our community to reduce and prevent homelessness in Lethbridge. Here are some suggestions:
1. Consider the economic benefits to your company and the community when all current and potential employees have access to secure, safe and affordable housing.
2. Become a corporate sponsor of one of our shelters, homes or support agencies that assist people in crisis or face homelessness.
3. Ask your staff to volunteer and/or contribute to the work of a shelter, or transition home to assist the homeless or those at risk of losing their current housing.
4. Ask your staff to volunteer and/or contribute to a service organization to assist the homeless and those at risk of homelessness, such as SHIA's Homeless Census or Project Connect.
5. Start a matching donation program with other local businesses to raise funds for shelters, homes and support agencies.
6. Talk to your staff and colleagues about the causes and solutions to homelessness and the lack of safe affordable housing.
7. Learn about the Housing First Approach and what is being done across the country to end Homelessness.
8. Invite speakers on the causes of homelessness and affordable housing options to meetings of your labour union or business council.
Learn more about how businesses in other cities declare their support to end homelessness in their communities.
As a Landlord
Landlords are a vital part of our efforts to end homelessness in Lethbridge. Are you a landlord interested in building solutions to end homelessness in our city? Become part of the Bringing Lethbridge Home solution:
1. Support the efforts of service agencies that assist people who are currently homeless and those at risk of losing their homes.
2. Learn about the Housing First Approach, the supports attached to it and what is being done across the country to end Homelessness.
3. Learn about our Stabilization Unit project and how you could become involved by providing appropriate, affordable housing to our Housing First Clients. To get more information about this program contact email@example.com or call (403) 320-3051.
Consider how you can make a difference individually or corporately.